The Chapel of Our Lady of the Crag
The tiny medieval Chapel of Our Lady of the Crag lies a stone's throw from the River Nidd, about half a mile from the centre of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. It was carved from the cliff face by John the Mason in 1408, permission being granted by King Henry IV. The Chapel was probably built as a wayside shrine for pilgrims walking between the town and the Priory, and possibly going further afield. It would also have been a place of quiet and prayer for the quarrymen working in the quarry nearby.
Unfortunately due to Covid-19 the chapel has not been able to open as usual and no recent events have taken place.
Unfortunately due to Covid-19 the chapel remains closed.
Unfortunately due to Covid-19 no services are currently planned.
Unfortunately due to Covid-19 there are currently no planned fundraising events.
Contact Our Lady of the Crag
Abbey Rd, Knaresborough HG5 8HY, UK